Tuesday, November 08, 2005

popo meeting today - other area struggle, too

And our sharing went on.

At one point sui was talking to Helen, extending this "同股東交待" idea to individual / family life. Isn't it the same? There are a lot obligation we see totally reasonable. And sometimes, they become the cross in our life, too.

It reminded me of this brief encounter of this unnamed man and Jesus. Jesus asked him to follow himself. Then the man said," please let me go back and bury my father first."

It's a totally justified cause to me - that's my father! Didn't he deserve a proper furneral or burying?

But that was not Jesus's answer. He simply told him to let the death bury the death, and for him to follow Jesus.

I don't know what's the "proper" bible teaching for this bit. Just that, once again, I see how the "right" thing on earth may be our burden to uphold God in the FIRST position in our life.

Using Augustine's definition, "evil" is not a "thing". It's simply the ACT to choose something less good. When one chooses "less good" over "more good", evil is thus born.

No comments: