Wednesday, November 23, 2005

AAPA 5 - "How can you be so happy?"

Nearly forgot about it. This incident gave me great encouragement and I really thank our Lord for it:

M is a young lady from another company working with us on the AAPA event. She worked under very high pressure. She has very sweet smile but towards the event day, we saw her smile less as she was too stressed.

So this day, few days before the actual conference, I gave her a hug and tried to cheer her up after our meeting. She then looked at me puzzledly, "how can you be so happy, still? every day?" I am overjoyed by this question! And thanks to Holy Spirit's reminder, I answered, "Because I've got Jesus Christ in my heart." She didn't say anything else.

But just 1-2 days later, she asked me the same question again! So interesting. And I gave her exactly the same answer.

I pray to our Lord that the soil in her heart will continued to be softened and then one day, we can share this joy in Jesus Christ together.

p.s. But then I got too pleased with myself! Overtaken by pride, then the other day I answered another person something like "yes I do it because I am a nice person..."!!!!!!! It's so terribly wrong. It's so wrong to take the credit and do not honour God as He is actually the one to take the honour! Sorry my Lord! Really need to watch over oneself all the time for pride is such a cunning sin that we are so easily fell for!

No comments: