Friday, March 03, 2006

popo: sometime it's easy...

(as posted in popo hompy)

This day I attended a meeting with my counterpart (the same person from my previous post), and we needed to take a ride together.


For more than a few minutes, I stood there saying nothing. There was literally a battle going on in me:

"Go talk to her la..."


"I don't really feel like talking to her."

"Why? Don't you always just talk to others - nearly just any one?"

"Well, it's different here...what am I supposed to say?"

"Why does it bother you now? Don't you wanna get to know other people, as who they really are? Why not the same with her?"

"I..."

"Didn't you say you wanna try popo her? How can you popo her without even starting a conversation?"

So there and then, I made up my mind and finally went up to her. Really it was silly thing that we talked about - clothes, hair styles, work, what to do over the weekend... frankly, these were not subjects that I am even remotely interested in!

But then, though the subject matters were boring, amazingly, I could feel some changes in me! Some changes in my heart. I started to really take interest in getting to know her as a person. From a very indifferent and cold and shut-up heart towards her, now that I am much more ready to talk to her or to joke with her. And to me at least, we get along so much better now than before.

Hard as it may be to popo someone we don't like, it can also be easy, sometimes.

It all depends: which side do you listen to? What choice will you make?

No comments: