Monday, March 27, 2006

Retreat Day in Bethany

In beginning of the year I made this promise to our Lord that each month of the year, I will take one day leave and spend time just with Him. - Actually, I don't think I have really “made” this promise earlier. I was so hesitant. I just said sth like “I'd try to do it”, without any commitment, fearing that I could not do it and failing our Lord. But then, if I have never made up my mind, how could it come true? The first step for it to really happen is for me to make up my mind first. So here I am, and I have firmly decided to make this promise to our Lord and that with His help, I'd be able to do it.

And if I can be here today, I think it's a pretty good sign of determination that I wanna continue to do it! Because the Rugby 7s is coming up this weekend and actually there are still quite a bit of work to do – frankly I am quite nervous and I know the fleshly/ earthly side of me would much prefer to sit in the office, deep inside of me I know I need to get away and get myself cleansed in our Lord. And really, what I need to do better for future months is just better planning and to set a day well in advance so me and the team can prepare accordingly!

Any how, here I am in Bethany on Cheung Chau Island. The first 2 quiet days of the year I spent at home, but this time, I really want to have a “real” quiet time with our Lord. And I don't wanna get tempted by all the work stuff or internet stuff or TV stuff or any other stuff at home. So I went away to Bethany, a retreat place for missionaries, church workers or Christians alike, on Cheung Chau.

It's a really nice place – cosy, quiet, warm, welcoming, close to the nature. It reminds me of the home I grew up with in Ku Tung, Sheung Shui, with mosquito net etc, and also the swings in playground. I really like that old home. And the air is so much better here I haven't sneezed at all.

This is the first time I come to Berthany. And God is really nice – He sent me Tes and Paul when I was finding my way up last night. So Paul accompanied me up. Otherwise it could be quite tough for me, especially in the dark!

I think I haven't done too much here, but slept really well and try to relax and enjoy my time with our Lord. It's luxurious to sleep for over 10 hours! Though I slept a lot and it's only a short stay I have here, there are precious things that God has told me and that I pray about and I do wanna remember. They'll be in subsequent posts of today.

No comments: