Wednesday, December 14, 2005

popo hompy and prayer meeting and passion searching

1.popo hompy

Went to Vision on Monday night. Sui shared with us the new version of his story, his latest creative drive, and his invitation to us for the popo hompy. When he was still talking, I've already got this identity in my heart: “抱抱上班族” (hug hug people at work).

Then when sui sent me the password yesterday, he wrote “you find your role, and what you should do, and write about. can start at anytime.” Then I asked myself: have I really found my role? And what I should do?

2. Sui's another email

And there was another email from sui, thanking ah shun and ah lun and others for the job well done on the “rebranded” popo hompy. And sui said: “ 能夠做自己熱愛的事情,是從衪神來的獨特恩典。” (can do what one LOVES to do, is a special grace from God.)

Then I think to myself, what do I really love to do? Really, enjoy doing it so much that I'd forget myself in it?

3. Prayer meeting tonight

Helen invited me to share at the prayer meeting tonight. The topic was “work place ministry”. When I was preparing what to share about, this incident during AAPA came back to me: how Michelle asked me once and again, what made me so happy, even with so much work and pressure to deal with. And how the Holy Spirit inspired me to answer: because Jesus in my life.

4. passion at work, passion for work

I thought of this incident. And I also thought of the other incidents: during rehearsal for the “Top of the City” performance, during on-site decoration or problem-solving for the HKIR or AAPA, or some of the good time at IFE... at some of those moments, although I was really really busy and was buried in work and need to work for long hours, instead of feeling exhausted or dry up, I actually felt great and felt that God was with me and I truly enjoyed those periods.

I still can't fully comprehend it, but somehow, I start to see how work, even in the commercial world, can be my act and my sacrifice and my service to God, as long as this is what He has called me to do. While on one hand the work itself can be seen as totally not related to His work, but at the same time, the work itself CAN BE all HIS work. When I'm truly into it, I then forget myself and really feel His presence, working with Him, or Him working thru me. When I'm truly into it, even people around me can see the difference. Yes, His light & His joy would be able to shine thru me, when I am truly working in Him.

Just that, these are still just some of the rare moments. Am still finding the way and the key and need to pray that I can remain there, always. Lord, please grant me this blessing to work and live in your presence, always!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessings & HIS Glory be with you ...

Anonymous said...

A piece of sharing ...

DO WHAT YOU DO THE BEST
LIFT UP EACH OTHER

is the message i've been prompted on and on ...

Grace said...

yes yes. 3q 3q. need to keep being reminded on that...