Thursday, December 08, 2005

Not Worthy

Lord is so very faithful - though I have experienced His faithfulness for so many times, every time I learn it again I am still so amazed and thankful. This morning I prayed, and this morning He answered my prayer.

I was reading Luke this morning (Really READING out from my mouth - it's a very good learning and practice!). And I was very touched at my heart when I reached this line:
But when Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, "Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord." Luk 5:8
Peter said so after he has got a full load of fish, after following Jesus's instruction to set down their net once again.

I have never felt so deeply for my unworthyness for God's love - this is what Peter was talking about. That he felt so shameful for his sin that he wanna stay away from Jesus. The unworthyness that he felt, touched my heart deeply: what about me?

I felt bad because I have always felt so good about myself. I felt so very very 糟糕 (bad) then. I prayed to our Lord, "I'm so sorry Lord. I'm really really 糟糕, really 糟糕..."

But when I knew and confessed to Jesus how 糟糕 I was, then I experienced the mercy of our Lord. I seemed to hear Him say, "nothing can make me love you more, nothing can make me love you less. I just love you, THAT MUCH, no matter what you do, or not do. There is nothing you can do to 'earn' my love to you. There is nothing you can do to make me NOT loving you." When I tried to ask why, He said, it's His nature, Love is His nature.

And then this hymn came to my mind:
憂傷痛悔的心
主必不輕看
Yes, 主必不輕看. Thanks so much, my Lord.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love is HIS nature.

Lord is HIS nature.

There is nothing we do that would change how, and how much HE love us.

What we do might only matter about the "relationship & distance" between us and the Lord, for :
Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy.

xxx said...

It's such a touching sharing. Grace, thanks for that.
In HIS love we all share, we all bow down upon HIM and say, "YOU are my LORD."

"The decision is annouced by messengers, the holy ones declare the verdict, so that the living may know that the MOST HIGH is sovereign over the kingdoms of men and gives them to anyone he wishes and sets over them the lowliest of men." (Daniel 4:17)

Grace said...

thank you thank you ah. after reading your comments then I read what I have written again. thanks so much for leaving me ur words so I got the chance to experience God's great love once again.