Friday, February 03, 2006

Book 4 of the Narnia Chronicles

Have just finished book 4 of the Narnia Chronicles. This is the book I felt for the most from this series, so far, and I'm about to finish off book 5-7 in the upcoming trip.

But back to this book, there are several things I wanna take note:

1. What Aslan told Lucy, she should have followed him though her siblings didn't see Aslan then. And even if they really decided not to come with her, at least she alone should follow him.
- some time, it may really happen that way...

2. How Susan didn't choose to believe in Lucy/ Aslan in the first place, and listened to her own emotions/ mind/ will...

3. How Aslan said, Peter and Susan has grown too old...
- I don't wanna grow "old" that way! No! I wanna be able to have a young heart ready for my Lord, always...

4. How things would happen if we did make the wrong decision, listen to our own heart instead of the Lord - the defeated old Narnians before Peter and Edmund could come to rescue when they were wandering in the wrong way down the gorge...

5. The safe, assuring, loving Aslan - our Lord Jesus Christ. The love, the security, the assurance, the warmth, the courage, I should find in Him.

Lord, thanks so very very much to reveal yourself to me thru this story. Thanks for opening my eyes and ears to read your message and hear your voice thru it. It certainly touches my heart. Lord, let me be close to you. Let me hear you, always. Let me not only hear you, but submit to you and do your will, always. Let me put your words to my heart - engrave it, so it'll stay there, always. Thank you Lord. Amen.

No comments: