Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Weekly Prayer (3)

Dear my Lord,

Good afternoon. Thanks for giving us such a sunny day today. Though it’s a bit smoggy, but thanks for the "smogginess", too.

Lord, thanks for giving me the time to come to you again for prayer and for intercession. I must first confess and apologize, as I am late for our appointment for our time together! Though Holy Spirit has reminded me not to write that email any longer but to come to you, I didn’t really listen but let myself be driven by my soul again and didn’t go until I’m done with the email.

Sorry Lord. I just need to make up my mind to really follow you whenever you speak to me! It’s so clear that it comes from you, just that it’s such a small small voice. Just like what you always do: you’d never scream at us or give pressure for us to do anything or force us to make any decision. You give us the free will, you remind us, you give us the strength and power to make a free decision (once we believe in you). But you will just let us choose. And I am so thankful for that, Lord. On one hand I’m really sorry that I failed you again; on the other hand I also know you’ll help keep me going and it’s a process and I won’t make it once and for all but I’m definitely growing and being made perfect in you. Thank you Lord, for you never give up on us, no matter how many times we fail.

1. Cleansing Stream Course

Lord, may I first pray for the Cleansing Stream course for our church, for all participating brothers and sisters, and for other church, and for the organization who is now running the course in HKG.

Lord, thanks so much for all the teachings and truth in this course. Thanks so much to use this course to bless and build and develop so many of us. The course is indeed a blessing to my life – and I can see that it’s a blessing to Wesley, too, so as other b/s.

Lord, please continue to bless this course so all of us who take part in it can walk closer in the Spirit, in You. So all of us can commit ourselves wholeheartedly to you. So all of us are being made perfect in you. So all of us can win this battle in our mind. So not only all our spirits are revived and ourselves saved, but our souls are free in you.

Lord, please protect all the leaders and helpers for the course. Protect them and cover them in your precious blood so no attack from satan will prevail. Protect their body so they are healthy to lead the group, to attend the class, to care for their group members, and to learn your truth. Protect them so spiritually they are strong and healthy, and with faith they can shield any fire arrows from the wicked. Lord, please also give them wisdom so when sharing with us the truth from the course you yourself enlighten them so what they share is truly from you.

Lord, please also grant your blessings to all the students of the course. Help us all with the homework: the time to do it, the heart to do it, spiritual gain in doing it, wisdom we learn from you we get from it, reflection in our own heart when doing it, walking closely with Holy Spirit as we progress in it. Lord, bless us all so none of us, not even one of us will loose heart during the course. Lord, give us strength so all of us can continue in the course, no matter how tired or busy we are from work or school or family. Give us the persistency to go on even if at times some of us can’t finish their homework. But Lord, please forgive those who can’t finish them and take away the guilt or accusation in their hearts. Lord, let them know that no matter how little they’ve done, you still appreciate. Lord, let them know what no matter how little they move towards you, you still want it happen and that you appreciate what they’ve put up. But Lord, also please pour out your blessings to us so more of us can spend more time in the course material so we can receive more and more blessings from you, as this is really what that course has been to me.

Lord, may I also pray for the churches and the organization who are organizing this course. Not only the churches in Shatin but around HKG. Lord, please protect them so the course can be run smoothly in each and every location. Please bless them so the course can in next term be expanded to bless many more others. For if members from the church benefits from the course, Lord, please make use of them to bless their own churches, and make use of these churches to bless many other more.

Thanks again Lord, for such good learning in you and that I’m able to enjoy your presence so much as I learn in this course. I wanna continue to walk in you, Lord. Please give me your blessing so I’ll continue on my way to walk in Holy Spirit and to commit EVERYTHING in my life to you.

2. Helen

Lord, and may I pray for Helen. Lord, thanks so much for the ceremony this Sunday as Helen became pastor of SIC. Lord, thank you for giving her such vision in SIC to lead us forward in prayer and intercession. Lord, I thank you again for Helen for she has been taking care of me since day 1 I joined SIC. In some way, in seeing her being "promoted" as pastor I not only see how you’ve expanded and developed her but me as well. We really grow together, as individual and with SIC.

Lord, please continue to make use of Helen. Please widen her horizon. Please protect her from any attack from the wicked. Please foster her faith in you. Please guide her steps carefully so she follow tightly where you lead her to be. Please keep on fueling the passionate fire in her heart, her passion and love for you, lord. And please continue to protect the gentleness and kindness in her heart to love and take care of us all.

3. The TUE class

Lord, tonight is the first lesson for the Tue SIC class on "leaders training". Lord, please give wisdom to both pastor Mok and pastor John (!) to prepare for the class. Lord, please also protect the steps for all of us who has signed up for the course. Lord, to bring us back to 501 safely and prepare our hearts to wait for you. Lord, let all of us to grow in you and to mature in you and please give your blessings to the class and be there with us tonight.

4. Pastor Mok

Lord, and I would like to pray for Pastor Mok and his whole family. Lord, thank you for giving us such a lovely and loving and such a different pastor. I don’t know how but I kind of agree with Sui that pastor Mok is quite different. Lord, thanks so much for giving Pastor Mok to lead SIC.

Lord, please continue to fuel with hearts with your vision, for SIC, for HK, for unity of different churches in your body, for missionary in China, for worship, for prayer… Lord, please show pastor mok clearly what your will is. Please reveal your plan to him so he can lead us all to follow you. Lord, please also protect him from any attack from satan: be it bodily health, temptation, financial need, relationship wise with others in SIC or his family. Give him strength so he can win his battlefield in his mind. Give him peace so his spirit remains strong and healthy in you and always close to you. Give him a health body so he can dedicate all his time and focus in loving you and serving you (but loving you first and is more important). And please pour out your blessings to Mok c-mo and Rachel particularly. Let them be Pastor Mok’s strength and support and the gifts you have prepared for his life. Let them be a family of harmony and peace and love in you, full of the joy from you.

5. CCF

Besides our church, Lord may I also put CCF in front of you. Lord, thanks for the many brothers and sisters now attending the gathering quite regularly. Lord, please take care of them yourself so they all have personal and close relationship with you. For those who don’t, please reveal to us so we can go do something.

Please give me the strength and wisdom and time to finish off the 2006 plan – if this is what you indeed intend to do! Please give us a quiet heart so we can listen to your still small voice so that we can be sure what in the plan is indeed what you want, not what we want.

Lord, as we move forward, please continue to guide us and protect us so we will keep a loving heart among ourselves and always put unity in you as an important item. No different thought should separate us from one another, just as it won’t be able to separate us from your love.

Lord, as we move on please provide to the new team your vision. Please reveal to us what plan you have or what position we need to fill in. Entrust all that into your good hands and let us just follow your lead.

In particular I’d like to pray for the worship team. As Jesse has left and Mary will soon be leaving as well, Lord please prepare for us and for yourself a good worship leader who plays music instrument but is also passionate in establishing your throne here in CX/CCF thru worship and prayer. Lord, I trust that you’ll provide. We continue to look up to you to lead the right person in to the group and to prepare the us all for the Power Assembly session. Lord, let us, more and more of us, sing hymns and give praise and to use our worship to establish your throne in CX City, in Auditorium, in this company, in marketplace, in the Biz world, in the whole world.

Lord, at the same time may I also pray for the evangelical meeting tentatively scheduled for APR6? Please bless Frank when he talks to his pastor Stephen. Please open the path so Stephen can come join us and share his witness with us on the day. Please prepare the hearts of our b/s so we have the passion and courage to invite other colleagues, and to pray for them in advance! And please prepare the hearts of those not yet accepted you to come on that day and be touched by your own self so they’ll get to know you and establish personal relationship with you.

In particular may I pray for Ian, John, Anthony, Manual, Winnie.

Lord, may I also pray about the idea for an "alpha course" or any other course which allows such "interested non-believers" to get to know you better. Lord, I don’t know if it’s your will to have it happen if there is no one else in CCF in running such a course. Lord, I don’t want my "rationale" talking but if it’s really in your will and you really intend to have it happened, can you please send me a partner or a teammate so we can make it happen, together? Lord, if this is indeed your will, please open the door and path the path for us so not only a partner will show up, but we’ll also get positive feedback from potential joiners, and right material will also be available.

Lord, I pray for this group of interested non-believers again. I can really see that you have already started work in their heart. Lord, if alpha course is the right way for us to response, please please please let me know –

well, in fact, just this episode comes to my mind: only Mary saw Aslan when they ventured into Narnia this time, and Peter and Susan and Edmund couldn’t see Aslan and they didn’t believe Mary. But Aslan said, even if just you alone, you need to come with me.

And I know the calling from my heart, that it’s so important to answer God’s calling in these people’s lives. Even if no one else in CCF answer God’s calling, I have heard it clearly from our Lord and at least I myself need to do something about it.

So my Lord, let me choose to obey you and do something about it. Please lead my way, give me wisdom, give me a quiet heart so I can hear what you say, and a willing heart so I look up to you for all things and rely on you for all things, to the end of what this course will finally become for this group of potential b/s. Lord, please bless them and may your will be done and your kingdom come.

Lord, thanks again. It’s really great to have such intercession session and really, it’s never too hard to find topics to pray about! Because your spirit is with me and you reveal to me what I should be praying about! Thanks so much, my lord. It makes such lunch time session and prayer session so enjoyable and so fruitful and so peaceful in you. Lord, and I’ve got so much blessing out from it.

Thank you Lord. Thanks for giving me this chance to join you regularly here, and to lead me and guide me and be with me all the way.

In name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: