Thursday, October 16, 2008

A welcomed break

This morning I went to get the birth certificate for Yee Lok. There were so many new born! I got to wait for about 2.5 hours before it was my turn for the application. So after getting my queue-up slip, I went to a near-by Starbucks.

It turned out to be the most relaxing and refreshing 2 hours in the past month or so!

Relaxing on a comfortable sofa, sucking in the aroma of coffee, enjoying a cup of Mocca, under the soft light, glancing out the sunny busy street outside, I enjoyed my time alone with Jesus at this corner of this busy coffee shop. Reading "The Jesus I Never Knew" by Philip Yancey, I felt I got to know Him like never before. Yes, too often I was blinded by the usual tamed way of seeing Christ. Yes, too often I was too lazy to face my own true self and Christ, to see what He really meant in His words and what it really meant to me, in my own life. It was a quiet, great encounter this morning, and reminded me more than ever who Christ is, and what He meant in my life.

Thank you Lord, for such an unexpected encounter and such a needed quiet time with you.

No comments: